Quick action can save you from massive cleanup jobs or hiring the professionals. Don’t EVER let a stain set! Address it immediately by following these steps.
- Absorb the spill with a dry cloth or paper towel and vacuum up solids (such as spilled soil from a plant or food crumbs) or pick up larger pieces with a towel.
- Wipe or blot with a cloth saturated with a mixture of one-part-vinegar and one-part-water to neutralize the smell.
- Treat or spot clean the stain with plain water applied with a sponge or cloth. (blot DON’T scrub)
- If the stain is stubborn, try adding a little dishwashing liquid.
- Blot-dry with a clean cloth and allow to air-dry.
You can also find Earth-friendly spot removers on the shelves of your local supermarket or even you own kitchen! These work great for removing the most stubborn of stains such as coffee, wine, and ink!
- Baking Soda
- Club Soda
- Lemon Juice
- Liquid dishwashing soap
- Liquid laundry detergent
- White distilled vinegar