Some people who suffer with allergies chose to use an air purifier. They are great way to keep the in-door air quality free of persistent and misery-inducing allergens. Unfortunately, they consume a lot of energy and aren’t cost affective. Here are some helpful tips to better your air quality without the high cost of an air purifier.
- Conventional dusting and sweeping can actually make your air quality worse by stirring up resting dust and dirt into the air! The best solution is to replace your old shaggy duster with a microfiber pad. The dirt will stick to it like velcro!
- Vacuuming regularly helps keeps pollutants at bay- as long as the vacuum is actually sucking up the dirt instead of spewing it out! A HEPA filter is a critical component of a good vacuum! Look for one that traps 99.97 percent of particles.
- Washing bedding, rugs, and curtains frequently helps reduce pet hair, dust, dust mites, and other contaminants.
- Cleaning bathrooms weekly helps wipe out mildew and mold before they cause serious damage!
- Replace any furnishings or household products that release chemicals and violate organic compounds in the air.
- Check to make sure your home is well-ventilated, ensuring that bathroom and kitchen air vents work properly. You can also open windows for air circulation.
- Use a house fan to circulate air.